This post in our series discussing the most useful tips from our MapInfo training sessions is about changing the way data is displayed.
Often you will want to change the way that the data from an entire table is represented on a map in order to make the map as easy and clear to read as possible. You can of course change the display settings but that isn't permanent change and when you close your current MapInfo session you will lose the changes.
If you want to make a permanent change to the way that data is displayed you need to do the following:
1. Enter the 'Layer Control' dialogue box which can be found in the drop down box under 'Map'
2. Within the dialogue box that appears click on the layer whose appearance you would like to change to highlight it and then click the 'Display' button.
3. A new dialogue box will now appear 'Display Options'. Check the 'Style Override' box and click the style box below the tick box.
4. A further dialogue box will now appear 'Region Style'. This will give you a variety of border and fill options which you can choose from. When you have the settings that you would like click OK to apply the changes to the map.
5. Once you have dismissed all of the remaining dialogue boxes you map should now look as you want it to.
Keep checking in as we will be posting more simple tips and tricks from our MapInfo training courses soon.